Tuesday, August 11, 2009

The Beginning

Well my first step! A baby step, but a step!
Just got back from the Philadelphia Buyers Market Show. Wow, what an experience. Lots of orders (for a first timer). I met some incredible artists......Beth Taylor from A Quirk of Art, from Pennsylvania. She has amazing found (or is it "reclaimed" now) object art jewelry. Total fell in love with her art. Ashleigh George of Michigan (but originally from Africa), she is the sweetest. (Her husband does safaris, isn't that the neatest job) We connected because although our work is completely different, we do some of the same....hearts, words, etc. in our jewelry. Also had the opportunity to talk to Tavia Brown from Tavia Metal, she had a lovely display. All the artists I had to opportunity to talk to were amazing and more than willing to share their experiences.

I also met a very handsome couple who own a couple galleries and a restaurant, Diane and Madis Sulg, of Maddi's Gallery, who just happened to win the 2009 Niche Top Retailers award and also will be carrying some of my art jewelry. They are located in North Carolina near Lake Norman. So HUGH congratulations to them!

The other galleries who pick me up at the show are 'A Thousand Faces' in Nashville, 'Enchantment' in New Jersey and 'This Little Gallery' in Pennsylvania. I look forward to serving these communities.

1 comment: